We took the kids to Disney world for the first time and we had a BLAST!
1. BRING A STROLLER - Our double stroller was a LIFESAVER! The Magic Kingdom alone is about 107 acres. That's a lot of walking! Give your kids a break (and your shoulders a break from carrying them) by bringing a stroller with you. Near every ride, there are sections for stroller parking as you go to wait in line.
2. STAY HYDRATED: Bring a spray-fan bottle to keep your kids refreshed and cool. Just make sure you also get the batteries to go with it! I got a cute pink Minne-themed one for my daughter and they had so much fun with it! It also helped to make the heat more bearable! Another suggestion is to bring any sippy cups or water bottles from home. This way, your kids can have their drinks with them as your travel throughout the park. Your own sippy cups will be more secure and sturdy than the plastic cups given at the different restaurants and dining locations.
3. DRESS ALIKE - Disney is a big place and it can be easy to get lost. Dress alike so that your group is easily recognizable in the park! My family wore matching shirts and shoes! We actually got tons of compliments on our outfits.
4. SAFETY FIRST: Bring sanitizing wipes, two breathable face masks, and hand sanitizer. With the current pandemic, Disney has implemented many health and safety measures to put your mind at ease. Temperatures are taken before you get into the park and hand sanitizer stations are located near every ride. Still, there are extra precautions that you can take on your end. I recommend bringing sanitizing wipes to wipe down the rides and handlebars before you engage. I also recommend bringing two face masks per person. Some kids like to play with their masks, making them likely to fall on the dirty floor. Instead of placing the dirty facemask back on your child's face, use a replacement mask. Also, make sure the masks are breathable, it can get very hot at Disney, especially in the summer!
5. BRING HELP! Your kids won't be able to go on all the rides. Especially the ones that have a minimum height requirement and are more adventurous in nature. If you don't want to miss out on the roller coasters, bring a friend or older person could who wouldn't mind watching the kids while you indulge in the adrenaline rush! We brought Grandma and Grandpa to help with the kids! You can also take turns in watching the kids.
6. TIPS TO SAVE TIME: Kids get anxious when it comes to long lines or being in the stroller for too long. You can save time by picking up a map from one of the Disney Gift shops. This will avoid you from getting lost and help you navigate the park. I even suggest coming up with a strategic plan and taking the different parts of the park one by one. Disney has Liberty Square, Tomorrowland, Adventureland, Frontierland, and Fantasyland. I also recommend getting a FastPass! The FastPass+ system allows guests to reserve a time to experience the attractions in advance. This means that you can avoid waiting in long lines for some of the most popular attractions.
7. STAY AT A NEARBY HOTEL: Consider staying at a Disney Resort Hotel Nearby to Top Off the whole experience! We actually live in Orlando, Florida but we chose to do a staycation during our weekend visit to Disney. We stayed at the Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World. They have shuttle transportation to and from Disney and an amazing Character Breakfast as well! To learn more about our experience at the Four Seasons, CLICK HERE.
8. EAT WELL: Eat a Hardy Breakfast before visiting Disney. Also, feel free to bring snacks to Disney. They are actually lenient with this. As long as you are not bringing alcoholic beverages! Lastly, purchase and order your food through the My Disney Experience App available on Android and iOS. Plan in advance and order before lunch. That way, you can avoid waiting in line and simply pick up your food when it's ready. They will notify you directly through the App.
If you enjoyed these tips, don't forget to subscribe below for future blog posts!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to be notified whenever we make a new blog post.